Sorry for the hyperbolized time lapse, more like 10 minutes. But in the getting ready realm of reality, 10 minutes might as just well be 2.5 seconds.
It’s Friday and your boss let you off work unexpectedly early. You take advantage of this opportunity to carpe diem aka rush home to some well deserved me time.
So you get into bed, comfortably pantless with a tub of ice cream at your disposal and 22 minutes into Interstellar (a movie I still don’t understand, even after consulting with reddit) when a friend of a friend calls you.
Kind of weird, you pick up anyway because your curious. And damn, curiosity sure did kill the cat ’cause she somehow roped you into going out. You don’t even know where; all she gives you is a cryptic address and half an hour to get there.
- Stick with what you know: pick something that is quintessentially you. If you’re vibing minimalist, stick with neutrals. But if you’re in a rare Iris Apfel mood, go bright and bold.
- Low maintenance fit: you were just pantless a few minutes ago, I doubt you want to wear something that clings to every nook and cranny of your body. Balance out a loose fit knit with suit shorts. I’d avoid that tight red number (especially after that ice cream) and opt for well tailored pieces that are fit and cut to suit your size. Layering always looks good and make sure everything is ironed.
- Loose waves: because you can do it with your eyes closed.
- Leather jacket: for me, this goes without thinking. A good leather jacket is neutral territory and appropriate for a plethora of occasions. It balances every outfit to look effortless and badass.
- “No makeup” makeup: Concealer, mascara, lipstick, and a light contour. I know you were planning on trying out that new face mask from Sephora, so I doubt you want to mask you face with foundation. Cover only what needs covering and balancing it out with highlighting your favorite features.
You have 2 minutes until your uber arrives so splash on some perfume, feed your cat, grab your shoes and lock the door.
Oh! Make sure you unplugged your curling iron #igotyou