With a self-fulfilling name, an iconicly coiffed celebrity endorsement (Jen Aniston I see you girl), and totally instagrammable aesthetic (don’t hate me), Living Proof holds the key to my heart. Also, as if it couldn’t get any better, all these products are silicone free.
- Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner: I’m not sure what inclined me to spend $60 on shampoo and conditioner, but I’m sure glad I did. On initial use, I wasn’t impressed; the shampoo didn’t feel ultra cleansing and the conditioner wasn’t ultra moisturizing. For promising perfect hair, I was underwhelmed. It wasn’t until I blew out my hair I realized it’s magic. These two, especially used in tandem, live up to its name. After blow dry, my hair was frizz free, super soft, extra clean, but still maintained subtle texture (sans fluffy post shower hair tysm). I mean, it’s just shampoo and conditioner right? Wrong. Once you taste the good stuff you can’t really go back (until it runs your wallet dry…).
- Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment: the aforementioned products influenced me to order this. I have chronically dry and thick hair that craves attention. It needs to be pampered or else it’ll act up. Ugh what a brat. Anyway, I apply this immediately out of the shower, pre blow dry. It’s a heat protectant that induces shine, volume, moisture and strength and if I had to choose one thing from the Living Proof line, it would be this.
- Satin Hair Serum: I got this as a gift from a girlfriend who struggles with mutually high maintenance hair. She swears by it so she bought it for me because I “just have to try it!!!!” I liken it towards the John Frieda Anti Frizz Primer (but on crack). This stuff is pretty awesome. If you’re plagued with serious frizz, I seriously suggest you try this. But, if your frizz is maintainable, you don’t need this in conjunction with the 5-in-1 treatment. I don’t think I’d repurchase because the PHD styling treatment does the same (and then some) for me. I like to use this on particularly humid summer days to lock in my blow out without adding extra weight.
- Humidity spray: This purchase was serendipitous. I intended on getting the Straight Spray but somehow got the wrong coloured bottle. That’s what happens when you put an anti-social person in an overly crowded Eaton Centre Sephora; mistakes will be made. But, this stuff is kind of the s***. It boasts 6x more humidity protection (versus I don’t know what) but I don’t care because it works. If you find your hair inflating on a hot summer day or stuffy club or immediately post shower, this stuff’s for you. It keeps your hair the size it should be. Preach.
- Texturizer: If you want the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray but don’t feel like spending your arm, then this is for you. First, one spray of this is more than enough so it’ll last (almost) forever. Second, it adds texture without frizz. Because the Oribe comes in a spray bottle, the extra air creates fly-aways while wasting extra product.
All Living Proof products can be found here. I usually stock up during the VIB sales or get sample sizes when they’re available.