I’m back bitches. Last time I posted was May – unacceptable. I’m gonna skip the three body paragraphs and conclude with this: I was stuck in a content rut, so instead of posting arbitrary content, I wrote nothing at all. I knew I didn’t want to talk about another nude lipstick but I didn’t know what I wanted to replace it with. Realistically, you shouldn’t stop writing/do something because you don’t feel it’s good enough. Yet I’d rather not contribute at all than contribute content I think is shit. This post for example, is utter shit, but it’s supposed to be. It’s a raw segue into the new fiscal year for SomewhatThrilled and ayyyyy I’m somewhat thrilled about it ;))). I may or may not write a Just A Thot on the surplus of garbage content/oversharing for the sake of sharing/prioritizing quantity over quality. Maybe.
I digress. It’s October now and I’m alive again. Summer is not my time – I go through a mental hibernation/’mercury is always in retrograde’ phase where I shut down. I fucking hate summer. As the temperatures rise, my interest in anything falls. My optimal mental function starts now. The leafs may die but buddy, I live. I’m inspired, renewed, refreshed and enthusiastic again. Like allow, how does one do anything in 40 degree weather?
Plus wtf, you can’t wear clothes during summer. I like clothes, I like to wear clothes. As much as possible at a single given time, ideally. So how can I wear a satin button down under an acne sweater, paired with BF jeans, snakeskin booties and wool hat?????? The elements won’t let me be myself until it’s less than 15 degrees. A brisk 15-5 degrees celsius is my preferred range, with a cold breeze, light fog and no snow. Aka leather jacket weather.
…….sorry for the rant…NOW ONTO THE FAVORITES.
- Monocycle By ManRepeller: hands down top three favorite podcasts. Like shit Leandra, you’ve done it again. Tell me more about weekend dressing etiquette (or lack thereof), the minutia of the corporate world, the struggles of IVF, et cetera et cetera.
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip and Luna: so I’ve wanted this neroli infused, organic, cold-pressed, clay based, oil-encapsulated-retinol duo since time fam. Number 1: if you’re into instant gratification, which I know you are, ceramic slip is for you. It immediately hydrated, cleaned and ‘detoxed’ my face. Sorry dermalogica daily exfoliator, Sunday Riley treats me better. Oh Luna, baby. Extremely gentle yet effective, this retinol did not make me purge. It hasn’t changed my texture drastically, ergo the skipped purge phase. But the dehydration lines on my face are gone, my skin is supple, redness is down and my acne is slowly healing. KEY WORD: HEALING!! Not drying, not provoking irritation, not harshly trying to exterminate the problem, but mending and nourishing. Will do a full review, trust.
- Burberry Backpack – another splurge on another bag. The decision was simple: I needed a backpack and wanted to invest in one. The material is easy to clean, it fits EVERYTHING, and the gold chain straps turn me on.
- My morning juice: also gonna do a post on this (shit, I’ve got a lot to do. I’d rather not do my britsh lit essay anyway). So I mix moon juice body dust, with Amazing Grass Raw Reserve and Green Superfood with some almond milk and voila, you’ve got yourself Gwyneth Paltrow in a cup!
- Moleskine notebooks: because I ran out of my stash and needed more.
- Kevin Murphy Angel Rinse: My bleach blonde hair made like jesus and resurrected from the dead after using this. Wow, miracles do happen, and they come in geometric purple bottles for as little as $35!!!
- Glossier Haloscope: makeup? I’m over it. I mean not entirely, but hear me out. It now takes me less than ten minutes to “put my face on”. Until my acne goes away, I need to cover it, so allow. Then i dust some bronzer all over my face, and tap Emily Weiss’ product-of -this-generation onto on my brow bone (and only my brow bone). It’s beautiful: the subtle dew countes my morbid under eyes and adds a youthful glow. Add some lipstick and done. (ok ok i’ll do a very original, never heard of before ‘everyday makeup’ post too).
- Jeffrey Campbell mules: okay so it’s not exactly my time. It’s still feels like the pinnacle of summer outside yaaaackkkk. Even though i break the rules and still wear my turtlenecks, I balance out the look with these. One: super comfy. 2: hella cute. 3: “it’s too hot for booties so this is the next best thing”. It really is dawg. It’s not too open, but open enough.
- Bonus- Oliver Peoples x The Row glasses: This is my current want of the season. In need of new spectacles and because Napoleon Dynamite is my muse, I want a pair of aviators. But not just any, your girl needs the OPxMKA collab like how my cat needs to fuck off right now (please stop licking me).